16% Vitamin C Serum
This pH-adjusted 16% Vitamin C Serum helps reduce the look of sun spots and hyperpigmentation, leaving your skin looking bright, firm and smooth. Our secret is using a blend of potent antioxidant-rich Vitamin C (pure Ascorbic acid and stable 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic acid) at 16%, along with a proprietary blend of short, medium and long-chain hyaluronic acid molecules to deeply hydrate your skin at every level. To that we add ferulic acid and vitamin E which help leave your skin looking dewy and radiant.
It comes in a slightly yellow and silky texture, so more substantive than water but lightweight and easily absorbed and not sticky for a Vitamin C serum.
Size: 30 ml
Crafted with only 14 ingredients, you can trust this product to be Dermatologist-Approved, Cruelty-Free & Vegan. We are dedicated to donating 100% of profits to charity.
Formulated without parabens, mineral oils, phthalates, formaldehydes, sulfates, ethanolamines (MEA, DEA & TEA), silicones, PEGs, drying alcohol, artificial dyes & fragrances, GMO, gluten, soy and more.
When it comes to proven skincare ingredients, you can’t leave out Vitamin C, praised for its powerful antioxidant benefits and known to protect against oxidative stress to keep your skin looking firm, smooth and bright. The main issue when it comes to Vitamin C is that it can be highly unstable and rendered ineffective even before it hits your skin!
We’ve found that combining two different forms of Vitamin C (pure Ascorbic acid with the more stable 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic acid) at a concentration of 16% is the best way to deliver a potent and stable dose of Vitamin C to your skin without irritation.
Dr. Yoon says, “although higher concentrations of Vitamin C in skincare can we powerful, it often comes with irritation or sensitivity issues – it’s great that this serum has been formulated at a high 16% Vitamin C percentage but also with a focus on stable and gentle delivery.”
Soffli products are made of clean and proven ingredients that made the SeoulofSkin Team and Dr. Yoon’s short list and contain 15 or less ingredients. In our opinion, ~15 is the magic number that allows us to formulate highly effective products that pack a punch without confusing you when we present the full list. With Soffli, you can finally understand and feel good about everything you’re putting on your skin – and at “pretty” prices too! Learn more about Soffli’s “Simple, Smart & Pretty” philosophy here.
All of the ingredients used for this serum are scored by the EWG (a non-profit that rates the toxicity of ingredients found in skincare) as 1-2, which is the lowest toxicity rating they give out.
14 Ingredients: Water, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ascorbic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Ferulic Acid, Tocopherol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Coptis Japonica Root Extract, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate
- 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid is known to be a very stable and effective form of skincare superstar, Vitamin C, proven to help with hyperpigmentation and boost collagen. EWG score 1.
- Propanediol is a solvent that helps dissolve ingredients and also functions as a humectant and emollient to add moisture to your skin and reduce moisture loss. EWG score 2.
- Butylene Glycol is a humectant, solvent, and emollient that helps skin retain moisture, dissolves ingredients, and improves the application experience. EWG score 1.
- 1,2-Hexanediol is a non-sensitizing preservative commonly found in clean beauty products that helps keep products safe and fresh. EWG score 1.
- Ascorbic Acid is the most well-researched and pure form of skincare superstar, Vitamin C, proven to help with hyperpigmentation and boost collagen. EWG score 1.
- Hydroxyethylcellulose is a plant-derived texture enhancer that makes products easier to apply. EWG score 1.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is the salt form of hyaluronic acid. It’s a powerful humectant that binds up to 1,000x its own weight in water and penetrates deeper into skin than pure hyaluronic acid. We use a proprietary blend of short, medium and long-chain molecules; short-chains sink into deeper layers of the skin, medium-chains fill in the layers closer to the skin surface, and long-chain molecules lock in moisture on the top so that your skin is deeply hydrated and plumped up at every level. EWG score 1.
- Citric Acid is a pH adjuster and also an AHA. EWG score 1-2.
- Ferulic Acid is a plant-based antioxidant that has been shown to enhance the stability of Vitamins C and E. EWG score 1-2.
- Tocopherol, also known as Vitamin E, is one of the most well-known and researched beneficial antioxidants for your skin. EWG score 1.
- Ethylhexylglycerin, derived from glycerin, helps soften skin and enhances the effectiveness of preservatives. EWG score 2.
- Coptis Japonica Root Extract extracted from the root of a traditional East-Asian medicinal herb, is known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. EWG score 1.
- Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate is a chelating agent that improves the efficacy and stability of preservatives and antioxidants. EWG score 1.
Immediately after Step 1 Toner (or directly after cleansing), take 1-2 pumps into hands and in upward gentle strokes or light pats, apply from neck to edges of the face.
Move on to moisturizer, 1-2 minutes after so you give the serum enough time to absorb. Use this time for quick meditation to tell yourself how amazing you are!
We’ve obsessively formulated it so that it should be gentle enough for daily use, but if you have sensitive skin or otherwise feel irritation, consider using 2-3 times/week just in the morning and build up from there. Always use sunscreen as part of your daytime skincare routine.
For more detailed information about this product, read this.
Have started incorporating both into my routine and have seen benefits within a week. It’s very sensitive on the skin and yet effective.
I LOVE this!! A lot of vitamin c serums are irritating for me, but this was perfect. No discernible scent. Slightly viscous watery serum texture. Applies beautifully and leaves a soft smooth non-tacky finish. Layers well with other products. My skin is noticeably brighter and I’ve had a bit of fading of dark spots and scars. SO gentle, but effective! One of the best of tried!
I have never used an AHA toner that I was able to use on a daily basis. I have very sensitive skin and the older that I get, it definitely gets worse. But both of these products are very gentle and yet work REALLY well! I found this website from Logical Harmony and I was searching for a simple routine, cruelty free, vegan, and without plastic. And this company hit all my check marks. I couldn't believe I had not heard of you guys before! And to so be ph balanced? God sent! I know these products are specifically for acne scarred skin, but WOW it has improved mine more than any other product I have used! I just can't say enough about these two products! Any chance on developing a cleanser??? I will be patiently waiting
Very simple ingredients list yet very effective. My skin loves the moisturizing and brightening effects!
Excellent product, brightening and gorgeous glow! Skin feels fresh and vibrant after application. Recommended!