With the exception of AHAs (glycolic acid and lactic acid), all of the ingredients used for this toner are scored by the EWG (a non-profit that rates the toxicity of ingredients found in skincare) as 1-2, which is the lowest toxicity rating they give out. Even with AHAs, we made sure to use them at low hazard levels so that they would be effective on your skin minus the irritation.
12 Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Propanediol, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Citrate, Lactic Acid, Tricholoma Matsutake Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrolyzed Cider Seed Extract, Rhododendron Chrysanthum Leaf Extract, Tocopherol
- Glycerin is a power house humectant found naturally in skin that draws moisture into the skin to keep it well-hydrated and balanced. EWG score 1-2.
- 1,2-Hexanediol is a non-sensitizing preservative commonly found in clean beauty products that will help keep your products safe and fresh. EWG score 1.
- Propanediol is a solvent that helps dissolve ingredients and also functions as a humectant and emollient to add moisture to your skin and reduce moisture loss. EWG score 2.
- Glycolic Acid is one of the most effective types of AHAs that functions as an exfoliant to help shed dead skin, renew skin’s surface and keep your pores in tip top shape. EWG score 1-4.
- Sodium Citrate is a pH adjuster that also has antioxidant and preservative properties. EWG score 1.
- Lactic Acid is another type of effective and well-researched AHA that helps exfoliate skin. EWG score 1-4.
- Tricholoma Matsutake Extract, extracted from “Songyi” or Pine mushroom, is a traditional Korean skincare ingredient known for its antioxidant and moisturizing properties. EWG score 1.
- Ethylhexylglycerin, derived from glycerin, helps soften skin and enhances the effectiveness of preservatives. EWG score 2.
- Hydrolyzed Cider Seed Extract, extracted from chickpeas, is known for its hydrating and calming effects and improving skin tone. EWG score 1.
- Rhododendron Chrysanthum Leaf Extract, extracted from plant leaves, is known for its soothing properties. EWG score 1.
- Tocopherol, also known as Vitamin E, is one of the most well-known and researched beneficial antioxidants for your skin. EWG score 1.