All of the ingredients used for this serum are scored by the EWG (a non-profit that rates the toxicity of ingredients found in skincare) as 1-2, which is the lowest toxicity rating they give out.
14 Ingredients: Water, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ascorbic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Ferulic Acid, Tocopherol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Coptis Japonica Root Extract, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate
- 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid is known to be a very stable and effective form of skincare superstar, Vitamin C, proven to help with hyperpigmentation and boost collagen. EWG score 1.
- Propanediol is a solvent that helps dissolve ingredients and also functions as a humectant and emollient to add moisture to your skin and reduce moisture loss. EWG score 2.
- Butylene Glycol is a humectant, solvent, and emollient that helps skin retain moisture, dissolves ingredients, and improves the application experience. EWG score 1.
- 1,2-Hexanediol is a non-sensitizing preservative commonly found in clean beauty products that helps keep products safe and fresh. EWG score 1.
- Ascorbic Acid is the most well-researched and pure form of skincare superstar, Vitamin C, proven to help with hyperpigmentation and boost collagen. EWG score 1.
- Hydroxyethylcellulose is a plant-derived texture enhancer that makes products easier to apply. EWG score 1.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is the salt form of hyaluronic acid. It’s a powerful humectant that binds up to 1,000x its own weight in water and penetrates deeper into skin than pure hyaluronic acid. We use a proprietary blend of short, medium and long-chain molecules; short-chains sink into deeper layers of the skin, medium-chains fill in the layers closer to the skin surface, and long-chain molecules lock in moisture on the top so that your skin is deeply hydrated and plumped up at every level. EWG score 1.
- Citric Acid is a pH adjuster and also an AHA. EWG score 1-2.
- Ferulic Acid is a plant-based antioxidant that has been shown to enhance the stability of Vitamins C and E. EWG score 1-2.
- Tocopherol, also known as Vitamin E, is one of the most well-known and researched beneficial antioxidants for your skin. EWG score 1.
- Ethylhexylglycerin, derived from glycerin, helps soften skin and enhances the effectiveness of preservatives. EWG score 2.
- Coptis Japonica Root Extract extracted from the root of a traditional East-Asian medicinal herb, is known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. EWG score 1.
- Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate is a chelating agent that improves the efficacy and stability of preservatives and antioxidants. EWG score 1.