Step 1 Soffli Gentle AHA Toner
This pH-adjusting Gentle AHA Toner helps refresh and gently exfoliate your skin, leaving pores clean and in prime condition to absorb beneficial skincare ingredients. Our secret is using a blend of potent AHAs (glycolic and lactic acid) at just the right subtle level with our special triple nutritional complex* so that it cleanses and tones your pores but is hydrating and soothing enough for everyday use.
Size: 100 ml
Crafted with only 12 ingredients, you can trust this product to be Dermatologist-Approved, Cruelty-Free & Vegan. We are dedicated to donating 100% of profits to charity.
Formulated without parabens, mineral oils, phthalates, formaldehydes, sulfates, ethanolamines (MEA, DEA & TEA), silicones, PEGs, drying alcohol, artificial dyes & fragrances, GMO, gluten, soy and more.
* tricholoma matsutake extract, hydrolyzed cider seed extract and rhododendron chrysanthum leaf extract.
When it comes to skincare, we believe in the holy grail of gentle exfoliation coupled with maximum hydration. We’ve found that acids at a moderate concentration coupled with our special triple nutritional complex* are the best way to gently exfoliate your skin without causing irritation. This meticulously crafted pH-adjusting formula allows you to use skin-friendly acids every day without ever overdoing it so your skin is always in impeccable condition to absorb the nourishing ingredients in your daily skincare steps.
Dr. Yoon says, “using AHAs at a low percentage level can be an effective way to gently exfoliate and boost skin cell turnover while avoiding irritation and drying skin out.”
* tricholoma matsutake extract, hydrolyzed cider seed extract and rhododendron chrysanthum leaf extract
Soffli products are made of clean and proven ingredients that made the SeoulofSkin Team and Dr. Yoon’s short list and contain 15 or less ingredients. In our opinion, ~15 is the magic number that allows us to formulate highly effective products that pack a punch without confusing you when we present the full list. With Soffli, you can finally understand and feel good about everything you’re putting on your skin – and at “pretty” prices too! Learn more about Soffli’s “Simple, Smart & Pretty” philosophy here.
With the exception of AHAs (glycolic acid and lactic acid), all of the ingredients used for this toner are scored by the EWG (a non-profit that rates the toxicity of ingredients found in skincare) as 1-2, which is the lowest toxicity rating they give out. Even with AHAs, we made sure to use them at low hazard levels so that they would be effective on your skin minus the irritation.
12 Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Propanediol, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Citrate, Lactic Acid, Tricholoma Matsutake Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrolyzed Cider Seed Extract, Rhododendron Chrysanthum Leaf Extract, Tocopherol
- Glycerin is a power house humectant found naturally in skin that draws moisture into the skin to keep it well-hydrated and balanced. EWG score 1-2.
- 1,2-Hexanediol is a non-sensitizing preservative commonly found in clean beauty products that will help keep your products safe and fresh. EWG score 1.
- Propanediol is a solvent that helps dissolve ingredients and also functions as a humectant and emollient to add moisture to your skin and reduce moisture loss. EWG score 2.
- Glycolic Acid is one of the most effective types of AHAs that functions as an exfoliant to help shed dead skin, renew skin’s surface and keep your pores in tip top shape. EWG score 1-4.
- Sodium Citrate is a pH adjuster that also has antioxidant and preservative properties. EWG score 1.
- Lactic Acid is another type of effective and well-researched AHA that helps exfoliate skin. EWG score 1-4.
- Tricholoma Matsutake Extract, extracted from “Songyi” or Pine mushroom, is a traditional Korean skincare ingredient known for its antioxidant and moisturizing properties. EWG score 1.
- Ethylhexylglycerin, derived from glycerin, helps soften skin and enhances the effectiveness of preservatives. EWG score 2.
- Hydrolyzed Cider Seed Extract, extracted from chickpeas, is known for its hydrating and calming effects and improving skin tone. EWG score 1.
- Rhododendron Chrysanthum Leaf Extract, extracted from plant leaves, is known for its soothing properties. EWG score 1.
- Tocopherol, also known as Vitamin E, is one of the most well-known and researched beneficial antioxidants for your skin. EWG score 1.
Within a minute of cleansing, using a cotton pad (or just hands), in gentle short strokes, moving up and out, cover your face with toner starting from the neck all the way up to your hairline.
Move on to Step 2 (serum), right after to lock in the moisture and also save time!
We’ve obsessively formulated it so that it should be gentle enough for both your morning and and nighttime rituals, but if you have sensitive skin, consider using 2-3 times/week and build up from there. Avoid contact with eyes.
This product contains alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Always use sunscreen as part of your daytime skincare routine.
For more detailed information about this product, read this.
Gotta be honest. I used to skip the toner step in my skin care routine. It's been only a week of using The AHA toner and I'm seeing great changes in my skin texture. I'm also breaking out less...I won't be skipping using this as my official toner
I could tell a difference in my skin tone almost instantly! Highly recommend.
This light weight toner was very refreshing to my skin. It can be difficult for me to find something that works well with my skin and this toner worked for me. It cleaned out my pores and I am excited to continue using it.
This toner is wonderful and keeps my skin cleansed and prepped for the next step. There is something really nice knowing that there aren't any unnecessary ingredients in here. Just the ones that make it effective. Simplicity rules!
This is the gentlest and best AHA toner I’ve used so far. It does a great job at removing leftover trace amounts of makeup and gently balancing my skin to prepare it for the soffli serum. Takeaway: my skin looks like I’m the rich wife of a basketball player.