- Creating homemade ginger tea is easier than it sounds and a beautiful way to connect with the fall season
- Many of us link ginger tea to cold or flu remedies, but the power of ginger goes beyond boosting our immunity
- Packed with antioxidants, ginger has tons of skincare benefits too - checkout my homemade ginger tea recipe below!
Creating homemade ginger tea is easier than it sounds and a beautiful way to connect with the fall season while taking charge of your self care and boosting your immunity.
Many of us link ginger tea to cold or flu remedies, but the power of ginger goes beyond boosting our immunity as the weather gets colder. Ginger actually has a ton of skin-related benefits as well.
Ginger contains over 40 antioxidants that are known to prevent free radical damage and protect against unnecessary wrinkles. In Asian counties, ginger has long been revered as a medicinal root that can help even out skin tone and improve skin elasticity.
Ginger is also believed to reduce inflammation. In eastern medicine traditions, ginger root has been used to help reduce the appearance of swelling, puffiness, and redness on skin and boost circulation in general.
Enough to convince you to try this super easy homemade ginger tea recipe? It's guaranteed to enhance your wellness experience and also help you better connect to the rhythm of the new fall season!
Homemade Ginger Tea (makes one pot of tea)
- Purchase one to two inches of organic ginger root from your local grocery store.
- Shave into thin, one-inch long pieces. You can do this with a knife or use a vegetable peeler to shave thin slices of ginger.
- Place the sliced ginger into a pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Leave the ginger root in the pot and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the ginger.
- Pour into your favorite mug and add a squeeze of lemon and a half teaspoon of honey and enjoy!